April 27 & 28: The 4th Annual White Rock Home Tour!
Mark your calendars now! The 4th Annual White Rock Home Tour is coming in April, and you don’t want to miss it.
WHAT: The 2019 White Rock Home Tour showcasing mid-century modern and contemporary modern homes.
WHEN: Saturday April 27 and Sunday April 28, 2019. The homes are open 12 pm to 5 pm each day. The Hexter Cafe is open 11 am to 4 pm each day.
WHERE: You can start the tour at the Hexter Cafe to buy your tickets and/or to pick-up your online tickets. Or you can start your tour at any of our homes if you already have your paper ticket. Our tour homes are located around East Dallas.
COST: During tour weekend, tickets are $20 each and can be purchased at each home on the tour and also at Hexter Elementary. Children 12 and under are free.
More about tickets:
- ONLINE TICKET BUYERS: you do not need your printed online ticket, just arrive at the Hexter Cafe on tour weekend (starting at 11AM) and provide your name. You will be given a printed ticket program.
- You can purchase tickets during tour weekend at any home on the tour, and at the Hexter Cafe for $20 each.
- Tickets are good for either or both days.
- Each tour home may be visited only once.
- The tour homes may be visited in any order.
- Tour homes are open Saturday and Sunday 12 pm until 5 pm.
- Children 12 and under are free and do not need tickets.
- All sales are final, no refunds will be provided.
- All ticket money is donated directly to Hexter Elementary School.
Q: Is this a rain or shine event?
A: Yes! The tour must go on! Rain or shine, a home tour is a great way to spend a rainy day. Bring your umbrella and we’ll be ready for whatever Mother Nature has planned!
Q: Must I wear booties inside the homes?
A: Yes – everyone (children included) must wear the provided booties or sock feet inside 6 of our tour homes. The exception is the home at 4606 Chapel Hill, which has marble floors and shoes are permitted. Please plan ahead to wear shoes that are easily removed that you can wear with socks inside the homes, or, wear shoes that are easily covered with the booties. We appreciate your help with this!
Q: Is the WRHT kid-friendly?
A: ABSOLUTELY! The White Rock Home Tour is a fun event for the entire family. Children 12 and under are free. We ask that parents hold the hands of small, rambunctious children inside the homes around fragile art and home goods.
Q: Is the WRHT pet-friendly?
A: We allow small pets only if they are carried or kept in a bag.
Q: Is photography allowed inside the homes?
A: YES. We encourage you to snap away and share your photos.
Q: Is this booklet/program thing my actual ticket?
A: YES. The booklet IS the ticket. Present your booklet to volunteers at each home to gain admittance into the home.
Notice the back cover is a check-list of all the homes. Volunteers (usually Hexter Elementary students!) will check-off each home as you visit.
Save the date! We look forward to seeing you–and all these beautiful homes–in April.