Nov. 1st – Dallas Running Club Half Marathon and 5K
On November 1st, the Dallas Running Club will be holding its 40th annual half marathon and 5K races at White Rock Lake.
According to the event website,
The DRC half-marathon is well-attended by elite runners, casual runners, run-walkers and walkers. With its scenic lakeside course and traditionally good weather conditions, this race is a final goal for some or a test of endurance for those preparing for a winter marathon.
Advance registration costs between $20 – $85, depending on the event that interests you, and you can still register online here. (If you wait to register for the half marathon till the day of the event, it will cost you $110.) Registration fees support the Dallas Running Club, the Tal Morrison Scholarship Fund, and – one of my most loved organizations – For the Love of the Lake.
The races begin at 7:30 and 7:50AM November 1st. Maps and directions are available on the event website.
Still not sold? Here are some more of the perks!
- Fantastic race course!
- Every runner gets to enjoy the post-race party!
- All runners get a delicious post-race breakfast!
- Plenty of water/gatorade on the course!
- Half marathon and relay finishers receive one classy medal (this year we’re featuring Sunset Bay)!
- Newly designed tech shirt (for all half marathon and relay participants, this year 5K runners get to decide whether they want a shirt)!
Get out and enjoy some fine fall weather and good company at the Dallas Running Club Half Marathon or 5K!